B has been here with us about 6 months now.

Ya'll. Just in case you didn't know.

Parenting is hard.

I know this is not a revelation to most of you. But we didn't ease into it. There wasn't nine months of expectation and dreams of what it would be like to hold a newborn in our arms. We did not have to do the diaper changes, or nights without sleep. It's hard in a different way. When you are parenting a child with special needs, there is a list of things you never thought you would have to think about.  Some nights I lay and stare at the ceiling and think of all the things that were challenges that day, and all the successes. I think of the list of things that needs to be done tomorrow, and try to make mental lists of things to not forget. I am barely keeping all the appointments straight, and I am watching my leave balance at work decline steadily. It makes my desire to be able to stay at home even stronger. Just to be able to manage all the things that need to be done. One day I know I will be able to.


In a way, it seems that B has always been here. And in many ways she always has been. She has always been included in family events, and she has always been included as a grandchild, and I've always called her, "my kid." We are excited to make plans for the upcoming fall and holiday season, future vacations, and just seeing the progress made in the next few months.

Parenting IS hard. But it is so WORTH it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Infertility Means .... to me...

Ain't it Funny How Life Changes...

Our Life with B