Infertility Battle: The Beginning


Lots of people know about my journey with Fibromyalgia. But what a lot of people don't know about is that I have struggled with infertility as well. It has been something that has been a battle since I was 23 years old. There have been so many wishful moments, followed by sad moments, and stressful moments.


When I met Steven, and we first started dating, I made it clear to him that before things got too serious, he needed to know that I struggled with infertility and that biological children may not be possible for me, and that if he thought about being serious with me, he needed to think really long and hard about that. Being the man that he is, he said pretty much said he loved me and not my ability to have or not have children, and that there are plenty of children who need homes and people who will love them. Bless him.


As soon as we got married, we began our battle with infertility together. I am older than Steven by about 12 years so, according to our doctor, our years left to try to conceive are dwindling... or rather, my years... Steven has plenty.


What we are up against is the condition called PCOS. Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. All these tiny cysts form on my ovaries, preventing an egg from being released. It prevents ovulation. No ovulation, no pregnancy, no menstrual cycles. Its a mess. My hormones are a mess. I also have Endometriosis. Which in a nutshell makes when I do have a menstrual cycle, very painful. I have had 2 surgeries in my early 20s for that. It comes back though.


So long story short, this is what we are battling against.


The upcoming weeks and months are going to be filled with decisions and a lot of hurry up and wait. Its going to be a roller coaster of emotions, and goodness help us, emotions.


But, this is part of our Happily Ever After story. And we are living day to day in it. Some days good, some days bad, but always loving each other.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ain't it Funny How Life Changes...

Opinions are like Elbows....

What Infertility Means .... to me...