#GoalDigger

I used to make New Year's resolutions every year. Go to the gym, lose weight, eat healthy, etc. However, I gave that up many years ago. I think it sets up really high expectations for yourself and then, if you can not keep up the resolution, then it can set up feelings of defeat or failure. 

This year I gave myself a goal...not a resolution. My goal is to take better care of myself. I'm not going to say, "oh, I'm going to lose 30 pounds" or "I'm only going to eat healthy"...because ya'll, that does not work for me. But what I can say is, "I'm going to put myself first over some things and take care of myself." 

This wasn't a decision that I came to easily. I thought about it for weeks. I thought about if I could really commit to taking care of myself. The last couple of years, I haven't really done that. I put things ahead of what I needed to do for myself. 

So, 2018, is about taking care of myself. I've already begun easing out of some of the responsibilities that had my focus elsewhere, and that caused me stress. I'm looking forward to trying out some new things that I've been interested in as far as hobbies, and picking up old hobbies that I love, like reading, again. 

I think 2018 is going to be a very interesting year for our little family! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Infertility Means .... to me...

Ain't it Funny How Life Changes...