Opinions are like Elbows....

This weekend, I engaged in a discussion on social media about tattoos and faith. I honestly wish I had kept my opinions to myself. Not because I think that they are wrong... but because there are some people who are so closed off to any ideas other than their own, that they will not listen. I wish I could post screen shots of the conversation, but the original poster of the topic has taken it down.  I'm not going to get into thoughts of the debate here, but I will just say this. I have tattoos. Three of them. And I think Jesus loves me just the same as those who do not.


But opinions are like elbows right? Most everyone has them. Just like points of view, or sides to the story..... Everyone wants to be heard... That's really what social media is now, right? A platform for other's views... It used be fun. It used to be just when people took pictures of their kids doing funny things, or what they made for dinner, or their Christmas tree decorated in front of the window.


Oh, I'm not saying that people should use it for more serious things. Not at all. I'm just saying that these days, its seems like everything is serious. Every. Single. Thing.


Maybe I just need to unplug from it for a while. After all, I only have less than 4 weeks to my wedding. I have a lot of things to do. Time more wisely spent, correct?


I'm just saying.. maybe a little bit of balance... not every thing has to be so serious all the time. Balance, people... balance...


But that's just my opinion.. and we all know.. opinions are like elbows.. most everyone has them....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Infertility Means .... to me...

Ain't it Funny How Life Changes...

Our Life with B